|Possessed by|| |
Power Absorption or Power Theft is a power that allows the user to rob the powers of other advanced humans through physical contact. The only known possessors of this ability are Arthur Petrelli and Tommy Clark.
- Ability absorption
- Ability theft
In order for the acquisition to take place, the acquirer must make physical contact with another advanced human while that advanced human is either restrained or kept still long enough. The original advanced human loses all of their powers as a result. If a power keeps one alive they will be killed, such as was the case with Adam Monroe. It is claimed by Arthur Petrelli that once he takes somebody's abilities, they will never return, but both Peter Petrelli and Hiro Nakamura have gotten abilities back none the less, Peter injecting himself with the Formula and Hiro's powers being reactivated by Matt Parkman Jr.
The acquirer retains access to these powers for an unknown amount of time (possibly till relinquished), and can access them at will.
The limits are not that clear, due to small information, but it is possible that this power can't be used in frozen time. Since Tommy Clark, after freezing time in Sundae, Bloody Sundae, comes in contact with Luke Collins but Luke's powers still remain. The facts still remain unclear since even though Tommy still can't fully control his power of Power Absorption, it is unclear whether or not he will take away an evolved human's powers every time he comes in contact.
- Telepathy (Unknown Source, then later again from Peter Petrelli)
- Rapid Cell Regeneration (Adam Monroe, then later again from Peter Petrelli and from Claire Bennet.)
- Power Reproduction (Peter Petrelli)
- Precognitive Dreaming (Peter Petrelli)
- Flight (Peter Petrelli)
- Precognition (Peter Petrelli)
- Space-Time Manipulation (Peter Petrelli, then later again from Hiro Nakamura)
- Telekinesis (Peter Petrelli)
- Invisibility (Peter Petrelli)
- Radiation Manipulation (Peter Petrelli)
- Super Strength (Peter Petrelli)
- Electric Manipulation (Peter Petrelli)
- Phasing (Peter Petrelli)
- Intuitive Aptitude (Peter Petrelli)
- Super Speed (Peter Petrelli)
- Plague secretion (Maya Herrera)
- Space-time manipulation (Hiro Nakamura
- For Sylar's power to replicate the power of other advanced humans by directly examining their brains to percieve how their powers function, see Perceptive Replication
- For Peter Petrelli's natural power to reproduce the powers of other advanced humans within proximity, see power reproduction
- For Peter's artificial power to duplicate the power of other advanced humans through physical touch, see Power Duplication