Administrators (also known as sysops or admins) are editors who have access to technical features that help with maintenance. Those include protecting and deleting pages, blocking other editors, and undoing vandalism.
Any user can behave as if they are an administrator, even if they have not been given the extra administrative functions. Users doing so are more likely to be nominated as full administrators by members of the community and more likely to be chosen when they are finally nominated.
What can administrators do?Edit
- Edit protected pages.
- Protect and unprotect pages.
- Delete pages, including images, and their history.
- View and restore deleted pages, including images, and their history.
- Block and unblock users and IP addresses.
- Revert pages quickly by using the [rollback] feature, which reverts vandalism with one click.
- Change the text and style of the interface by editing the pages in the MediaWiki namespace.
- View unwatched pages to see pages which may be more vulnerable to vandalism.
How do I become an admin?Edit
If you have been around for a while, other users will notice your good work. If another user notices this work, they may nominate you and add your name to Heroes Wiki:Requests for adminship. Discussion will then take place by fellow editors in order to determine if there is consensus that you should become an administrator.