|Possessed by|| Elle Bishop (deceased),|
Agent (explosion future),
Peter Petrelli (explosion future),
Peter Petrelli (lost),
Arthur Petrelli (deceased),
Electric manipulation (also referred to as lightning) is the ability to generate and propel charges of electricity ranging from minor to fatal voltage.
- Elle Bishop had this ability. (Fight or Flight)
- Peter Petrelli has absorbed this ability from Elle (Four Months Later...), but lost it after having it stolen by Arthur (Dying of the Light).
- Sylar has empathically absorbed this ability from Elle. (It's Coming)
- Cooper has this ability. (The Civilian)
- An agent in a possible future has this ability. (Walls, Part 1)
- In a possible future, Future Peter absorbs this ability from the agent. (Walls, Part 1)
Users of this ability can generate electricity between themselves and other people or objects. The potential difference of the electrical arcs is not known, though Caitlin has referred to it as "shooting a thousand volts." Users of the power are not usually harmed by electrical currents that they create themselves, although they can shock themselves if they attempt to generate arcs under unfavorable circumstances. For instance, Elle shocked herself when she was wet and her feet were immersed in impure water in Mr. Muggles's metal doggy bath (Cautionary Tales). When in pain, Elle could knock out the whole electrical system in Level 5.