According to Mohinder Suresh, the cockroach is the pinnacle of evolution because it can live for months without food, can remain alive headless for weeks at a time, and is resistant to radiation. He even goes as far to suggest that God, having created life in his own image, may be a cockroach. Perhaps because of this symbolism, cockroaches often turn up around Sylar and other characters.
- In front of Sylar when he was in the prison cell[source?]
- By the man who was trying to report Maya and Alejandro Herrera to the police[source?]
- In one of Molly Walker's nightmares[source?]
- In front of Matt Parkman when he was in prison cell.[source?]
- Crawling out of the manhole while Sylar fled after being stabbed by Hiro[source?]