|Full Name||Claire G. Petrelli|
|Power||Regenerative Healing Factor (Stolen by her son Nathan aka Tommy Clark)|
|Occupation||EVO rights activist|
|Portrayed By||Hayden Panettiere|
- "Save the cheerleader, save the world!"
- ―Hiro Nakamura
Claire Bennet was one of the main protagonists in Heroes. She was a former college student and cheerleader who was raised by her adoptive parents Noah and Sandra Bennet in Texas. Her biological parents were Nathan Petrelli and Meredith Gordon.
Claire was born to Nathan Petrelli and Meredith Gordon, two people possessing abilities. Noah Bennet and his partner, Claude Raines, agents of the Company, arrived at her mother, Meredith's, house to abduct Claire. Claude went inside to "do the heavy liftin'" while Noah waited outside until Meredith combusted and blew the door open. Noah ran inside to find Claude on the floor. Claude then told Noah to find Claire and he carried her out safely out of the house. Noah and his wife, Sandra, later adopted her. In the graphic novel Elle's First Assignment, which takes place before the series begins, Bob gave Elle her first assignment, which were to track and follow Claire, posing as a student at Union Wells High School. Elle was reluctant, but Bob informed her that Claire would be important to the Company. Claire never realized that Elle was following her.
Six months prior to the start of the series, Claire had just become a cheerleader at her high school, with the help of her friend Jackie Wilcox. During an argument on whether or not she wants to be a cheerleader with Jackie, Claire crashes into a glass case, cutting her hand. When they show Claire's parents, her mother, Sandra, suggests Claire might need stitches. After Claire, Jackie, and Sandra leave for the hospital, the phone rings and Noah answers. It is Chandra Suresh, a scientist who studies paranormal phenomena, informing him of Claire's power. Several days later, Noah asks if he can see her hand with the stitches. When they unravel the cloth around her hand, they are both surprised to see not even a small scratch.
After discovering this abnormal ability, Claire decides to try stunts. She has her friend, Zach, videotape her stunts to document her tests of her healing ability.
To Be Added
In Volume Four, Claire learns that her other father, Senator Nathan Petrelli, is heading a government operation to round up people with special abilities when she overhears Nathan telling Angela that they must keep Claire home and far away from this entire operation, having ordered immunity for Claire.
In the process of trying to warn Peter and Matt about this plan, she manages to find Matt. However, upon arriving at his apartment, Matt is captured and Claire is mistakenly taken by Emile Danko's team and hooded as well. Claire is brought to Nathan, who unhoods her, frees Claire, has her released into his custody, and sends her back home. Nathan explains he has given Claire a free pass. It is revealed Claire is exempt from this operation due to being under the protection of both her fathers, Noah and Nathan, and Noah is revealed to be also involved with this program. She strongly disagrees with the operation and defies both her fathers.
However, the operation spins out of control when Danko exposes Nathan's ability, prompting the end of Claire's free pass, and Nathan rescues Claire before the agents can take her. Her strained father-daughter relationships with Noah and Nathan are mended by the end of this volume.
To Be Added.
- Rapid Cellular Regeneration: Claire had ability to regenerate her bodies tissue allowing her to heal from almost any wound within seconds to minutes. although foreign objects need to be removed manually or bones have to be slid back into place to heal properly. Due to Claire's ability it is nearly impossible to kill her but certain methods such as decapitation will kill her. Although she has survived nuclear explosions on multiple occasions. Her ability prevents her from becoming intoxicated as shown in "Into Asylum" when she drank at least 20 shots without becoming drunk showing that her ability extends to her internal organs such as her liver. However, Claire has a weak spot on the back of her head that if struck it will render her unconscious and if an object gets lodged in that spot she will die if it is not taken out.
In "June 13th - Part One", it is revealed that Claire did attend the Odessa Unity Summit, however, she left and later gave birth to twins. The boy was named Nathan after the son that Angela Petrelli lost, Claire's biological father, and the girl was named Malina after her adoptive father Noah Bennet's mother. During childbirth Claire died from cardiac arrest.
In "June 13th - Part Two" Angela realized that the reason Claire died was due to her son having absorbed her power during childbirth. But who is the father?
- Claire gave birth to a set of twins.
- Its unknown who the father is, though it can be implied from the final episode of Heroes Reborn that he is evil.
- She died from cardiac arrest: due to her son's power manifesting in the womb, her regenerative abilities were absorbed and she wasn't able to survive giving birth.
- "Savethechherleadersavetheword" could be alluded to her role as the mother of Nathan and Malina, destined to prevent a future disaster who could wipe out humanity.